On February 15, 2018, I presented a complimentary webinar on Legal Risks of Social Media in Hiring. For those who couldn’t attend the live webinar, I’m happy to make it available for you to watch at your convenience.
In the webinar, I discuss the recent legal challenges to using social media in hiring, such as:
- Facebook Ad Discrimination
- Background Check Requirements
- Federal Contractor Affirmative Action Programs
I also describe employer obligations and best practices related to:
- How Laws About Genetic Information Apply to Online Research of Job Candidates
- Recordkeeping Requirements
- Screening Applicants Through Social Media
Why You Should Watch This Webinar
Social media has become ubiquitous. Just about every organization uses social media in some way in connection with hiring new employees. Either in recruiting candidates in the first place or reviewing applicants under consideration for hire. However, there is a surprising amount of legal regulations that may affect these practices. Recent lawsuits and compliance efforts by regulatory authorities demonstrate that employers should take appropriate precautions to avoid and be positioned to defend claims by unsuccessful applicants.